As a Carpool Driver
You can save money on your day-to-day commute to work, school, the train station, bus stop, park'n'ride lot or other daily travel by registering your carpool or creating a new one. To start, create a Pace RideShare profile. For existing carpools, register your group and invite participants to join online. To create a new group or fill vacancies, conduct a search and connect with other commuters.
Carpooling can enhance your sense of well-being, alleviate stress and add an enjoyable experience to a long commute.
PaceRideShare.com has made it easier for you to offer a ride or share the driving with someone else. Simply decide on the regular commute you are offering, create a profile, search and connect with others.
As you figure out the commute you are offering, consider these points:
- What roads will you traveling? Where would the stops along the way be and what are the boarding and departure times? Could you drive to a transit stop to pick up riders?
- Will you drive daily or share the driving with others?
- Do you have a regular carpool vehicle, or would you rent one?
- Will there be adequate auto insurance? Would talking with my insurance agent be beneficial?
- How will the total commuter costs be calculated? What will riders be charged? Will each person takes a turn driving and have no exchange of money?
- Where could the carpool group meet?
- Where will the vehicle be parked? Who will coordinate collection and payment with the parking garage?
Pace RideShare Can Help
You can search our database of commuters at no cost. Registrants are drivers and riders with either a start or end address in the six counties of Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will or traveling within Northeastern Indiana. Commuters traveling within Wisconsin can register at Rideshare Etc.
If you need help with designing a carpool commute, contact us at email@example.com. We can suggest routing and create a flyer outlining the details. In addition to having your own personal set of flyers, Pace RideShare will share your commute on Facebook and at your employer's location when possible.
If you already have a group of five or more carpoolers, you may want to enjoy more savings and perks in a Pace Vanpool.